Mothers Day turned out to be a lot of fun. I was ready to get out of the house so I told Nick I wanted to go for a drive. We had planned on going to each of our mothers houses and visiting for a bit but things didn't work out so, after we picked up Kaleb from Sam's house where he stayed the night we headed to Ontario for breakfast. After breakfast with no actual destination in mind we jumped on the freeway and headed west. We drove for probably an hour or so and found ourselves in Baker city. The boys we're ready to stretch there legs so we stopped at the visitor center and talked with a really nice lady who pointed us to the National Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center.

There was a lot to do there and really kid friendly with hands on exhibits. The had covered wagons

The usual museum exhibits

Then a room where the kids could dress up in pioneer clothes, and a wagon they could practice loading to see how hard it would be to take all that you needed.
OK this picture I just found funny and had to share.
After the Interpretive Center we drove up to Sumpter. Its an old mining town where a dredge has been restored. It was a lot of fun to go inside and see how big it is. In the summer there's a Steam Locomotive you can ride into the town. I'm thinking we'll be back to do that.

We left Sumpter and headed back to Baker to have lunch in a restaurant where a model train was set to run along the ceiling and by each table. All three boys were wow'd by this and even Cody was mesmerised the entire time we were there. We had a lot of fun on our drive and I can't wait to do it again.
Just in case you were wondering what its like riding in the car with us here's a Video to show you what your missing.
2 comments:
Fun! That area is Gorgeous. What a wonderful Mother's Day! I am checking really often now to see what might happen next...
OMG! Thank goodness all 3 of them don't sit side by side. I hope you had a great Mother's Day!
Post a Comment