Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

This year we decided to stay home and have a nice quiet Easter. Saturday evening we colored eggs. The boys had a lot of fun with that but Kaleb lost interest after a while and was hungry yet again. He seriously could eat 24/7.Saturday night the boys slept in the living room and when I came down the stairs Sunday morning, Kaleb asked if he could go out to the garage and see what the Easter bunny left. You see last year the Easter bunny had a lot on his mind and didn't quite make it to the house Easter morning, so miraculously after I had gone to the store I noticed he had stopped by and left his goodies in our garage. I mentioned to Kaleb that you always have to hunt down your Easter goodies because the Easter bunny thinks its fun to hide them. Low and behold they were hiding in the boys closets. Silly Easter bunny. Easter turned out to be a beautiful day and the boys played outside all day. We had an Easter egg hunt that afternoon. I didn't think they'd be into it but they really had fun and even asked if we could do another one. For dinner we had ham, corn, potatoes, rolls, the usual. It was scrumptious. It was a nice relaxing quiet day. A perfect day to welcome in spring, and celebrate Christ's sacrifice for us.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures of your precious family and good times! I enjoy your blog and music so much - thank you for sharing....Gram Sammy